Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What Works for me Wednesday!

Going to the gym as a family 3 times a week is harder than I thought it would be.
For one, I'm not super mom... between grabbing kids from whatever location they are at for the afternoon, checking backpacks and homework, and then hitting the gym by 6:45 at the earliest most days, a quick yet HEALTHY dinner when we get home is a challenge.
   So here is one little thing that works for me! {and its awesome for your lunch at work as well!}


Steamed Veggies... Micro style!
{I made these on my lunch hour the other day, so this is about a cup or so of fresh broccoli...}

{Putting in veggies of course... duh!
This is also when I add any herbs or seasoning} 

{the amount of water will depend on the amount
of veggies your cooking but usually 1 to 2 tablespoons is plenty}


Once the bag has sat for a bit and all the steam is gone from the baggies
your ready to go!

Its really yummy, its really healthy & its really quick!


With ♥,
Tawny


No comments: