Sunday, April 15, 2012

Do you Pinterest?

I have fallen head over heels in love... with a little thing called Pinterest!
Have you?

It satisfies my eyes with pretty pictures and my mind with fun new ways to do stuff... and it even satisfies my belly... with all the awesome recipes and dinner ideas I find there every few days!

Now, as most typical ''pinners'' I seem to spend more time ''pinning'' than I do ''doing''. That's why I had to get off my butt, put down the laptop and bring you this weeks Sunday Dinner recipe.

Before Pinterest, I had never heard of cake batter ANYTHING. I mean besides for a cake and such. But clearly there is a world of funfetti yumminess just waiting to jump inside my belly! And as we all know.... I am a sucker for anything that calls for sprinkles!

The only problem I was finding was every recipe called for a cake mix... and momma don't do the cake mix, so I just whipped out my handy dandy Blondie recipe and went to town...

                                              Ingredients
1/2 cup of butter, melted
                                                   1 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar
                                                                   1 egg, lightly beaten
                                                                   1 teaspoon of vanilla
                                                             1/2 teaspoon baking powder
                                                              1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
                                                                         Pinch of salt
                                                               1 cup of all-purpose flour
                                                            1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
                                                                           
                                                                      Directions
1… Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan.
       Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
2… Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
3… Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt mix it all together.
Add the sprinkles to the batter now.
4… Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve!
**White chocolate chips are amazing in this recipe also!
 
I hope you enjoy!

And feel free to join me over on my Pinterest boards! The button is over there ----->


Have a fantastic week!
Be good to each other!


♥Tawny

No comments: