Saturday, November 24, 2012

On the 1st day of cookies your Tawny gives to yoooouuuuu!


...A recipe I found on the inn-terrrr-webs!!!

  I collect recipes on my laptop in my favorites file like a squirrel hiding nuts for winter, the only problem is that 80% of the time when I'm pacing around my kitchen wondering what to feed this brood of mine I never think to check that file marked "Recipes to try" Dur!

Last year I had a get together that I was invited to at the very last minute, like... seriouly. 1 hour before the party started I saw the text message on my phone from that afternoon inviting me to a very impromtu Holiday gathering.

I went into a panic. I wanted to find something that I could take along with my Dirty Santa gift that the other ladies would enjoy, and make me look like a Martha clone!
       She bakes! She Shops! She has a full time job and is a mother of 4!  She is AMAAAAZING!

I remembered saving a recipe the night before that I had thought would be super yummy IF I replaced the premade cookie dough mix with my own... so I rushed home to whip up some cookies!


photo credit The Girl Who Ate Everything blog
 
 
 


   Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Ingredients:
 
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 box (4 serving size) pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup dry roasted salted pistachio nuts, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
 
Directions:
 
In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add Pudding
Gradually blend in the dry ingredients, cranberries & nuts. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

recipe was adapted from Betty Crocker


These cookies were amazing!!
Not only the perfect color for christmas! But the sweetness, and nuttiness combined with salty tart... oh my yum!
 
 
 
Dont forget to sign up HERE to join the Cookie Exchange on the 15th!

Happy Holidays, Friends!
Be Good to Each Other!
 

No comments: