Friday, January 21, 2011

My not so secret L♥VE Affair....

I dont really write much about my city here, I guess I have always figured that most of you that read this are familiar with Oklahoma and all the magic it has to offer, however when I look at my list of followers and lurkers I realize... that just maybe a few of you are not only my personal friends and/or family members, that maybe just a few of you really tune in to see what zanny thing might pop out of my brain next! {Which makes me giddy beyond words!} But I digress... Oklahoma City is truely an amazing place... and I promise to start sharing more about all my adventures in the land of the cowboys and indians! ;)

now back to my love affair...



Her Name is THE Skirvin Hotel... {miss skirvin if your nasty!}

And I have been madly in love with her for as long as I can remember! When I was a little girl it was a magical sparkley place that was always like a dream...

I remember the way the carpet felt under my little patent leather shoes and the laughter and music that came from the bar...
As a teenager I tried to find ways to sneak in to her empty grand halls...

I watched that beautiful hotel fall to almost ruin throughout my childhood and it still never lost that magic, about the time Chris and I were planning our wedding it was starting to be rumored that the beautiful lady was going to be resurrected, but we had to wait till 2007 to finally walk through her doors again, and trust me it was as magical as I remembered.




There is something about this grand hotel... I dont know what it is, I find myself driving 20 minutes out of my way just so I can get caught in traffic and stare at that beautiful building!

And who can resist the legend.

Yea, Im a little obsessed.

we spend our valentines and anniversary in the grand style of the Skirvin, and I am planning a fantastic 7th birthday blowout for the Diva that will end with a fabulous slumber party at the hotel...

My heart belongs to her.

I am simply in love!

Adieu

No comments: