Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Out with the old, in with the who knows what...

Goodbye 2012!

    I would first like to say I hope this letter finds you all happy, healthy, & no worse for the wear! Merry New Year, Friends!

  I have had the opportunity the past few weeks to reflect, recharge and regroup, and take a good look back at the year 2012. It makes my mind spin thinking of how far we have gone in these short 12 months. I feel like we have lived a couple of life times in 365 days.
 
  Last Year I had decided that I would spend the year being "selfish". The plan was to spend time doing things that focused on making ME a better person, feel good about myself. Just being a bit more honest about the things that make me happy... I know how that sounds, but I feel like that as Mothers, and Wives and just Woman in general, we tend to put the focus on everyone else, and even though that is a very admirable trait, sometimes we lose our self in the shuffle. 

  This last year has been the most challenging, amazing, scary and sometimes exhausting, year of my life. But I can honestly say I have truly found what I was looking for. I'm not as physically healthy today as I had wanted to be, but I am mentally and emotionally stronger than I have ever been. I'm not in the "place" I was hoping to be by now, but I am so very acutely aware of where I am going.

  2012 taught me things like patience, and  preservation. To never be afraid to take chances... no matter what the outcome might be. To take pride in myself and the things I have created. I learned to stop in each moment and find the lesson that lies inside, and even though its not always pretty & soft, its always there and inspiring.  And that just when you think you have it all figured out, the universe spins and you land in a totally different direction. And that its OKAY.

  I'm excited to see where 2013 takes us. So many new adventures to be had, so many unexpected things to happen, some tears to shed, but over all some beautiful things lay ahead for us.

Love to All...

No comments: