Sunday, May 1, 2011

I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils ...

I dont think there is anyway that I could express just how thankful I am for the teachers that have been in my life...
My 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Greenshields taught me the love of reading through the works of Laura Ingalls Wilder... going as far at times to dress the part...

My 8th grade art teacher, Mr. Price taught me to be confident in myself... and my art.

There are so many more, that naming them here would take awhile... and now as I watch my children make their way through school I see the twinkle that each teacher has left on their little lives.
And for that I am eternally grateful!

So this week I am honoring all the teachers in our life... and asking you to do the same!

Here are some really cool ideas to help you show your teacher just how much She or He means to you!

Ok... seriously this is ADORABLE! You can find this and SO many other sweet pieces in
LoopLoft shop on etsy!

I found these really cute DYI ideas over at the idea room...
There are some cool tutorials there as well!

And there is always my favorite "go to" teachers gift... The Crayon Wreath... {spoiler alert DCS teachers... Sorry! LOL!}

This is one I made for Hobby Lobby... We did a whole inspiration sheet that you can find HERE filled with some other fun ideas!


This is What you need:

12" embroidery hoop, or basketry hoop
8" embroidery hoop, or basketry hoop
box of 64 crayons
Wire or ribbon for hanging
hot glue
Embellishments

Directions: Place the 8" hoop in side the 12" hoop with equal distance between all edges. Arrange the crayons along the 2 hoops. Hot glue the crayons to the hoops.
   Momma Tip: Keep the unglued crayons arranged on the hoops. It will keep the spacing.


Tie the ribbon or wire around the 12" loop creating a hanging loop. Place as many (or as little) embellishments/stickers/found objects as you like. Personalize with the teacher's name, if you'd like. Super easy :)!

Make sure to say thank you to your teachers this week... its a crazy hard job they have... and where would we be without them?

Be good to each other!

TAWNY

I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework. ~Lily Tomlin as "Edith Ann"

No comments: